2011 Nursing Video Contest
2011 Nursing Video Contest - A Day in the Life of a Rural Nurse
Rural nurses, show us what you've got! The Tennessee Rural Partnership is holding an online video contest via YouTube to showcase "A Day In the Life of a Rural Nurse." For this competition, you can create a nursing-related parody of your favorite viral video, do a spoof of a TV show, capture your passion for nursing through karaoke or a standup comedy act, shoot a short documentary, or just tell us what you think it means to be a nurse. Get creative! The Rural Partnership will choose the most entertaining video, and the winners will be sponsored by The Rural Partnership to attend Johnson & Johnson's Promise of Nursing Gala in Nashville, TN in December 2011. The Rural Partnership will also submit the winning videos into the Promise of Nursing Video Challenge with a chance to win prizes.
How To Enter:
- STEP 1: Record your video. You may use a camcorder, digital camera with video capabilities, Flip, etc.
- STEP 2: Upload your video to YouTube. You may need to register for a YouTube account if you don't have one already. While your video is uploading, please select for your video to be "Public" if you don't mind others viewing it in a Search, or select "Unlisted" which will make your video unavailable in a Search.
- STEP 3: Once your video has uploaded, Copy the link to your YouTube video and paste into an email. Do not attach a video file to an email—most are too large to send. Also, please include the following:
- Names of all nursing contestants in the video
- City/Town (MUST be in Tennessee)
- Contact information—main contact name, email, physical address, and phone number
- STEP 4: Send the email with the link to Susan McDonald at The Rural Partnership. If you choose to mail your video, please disregard Step 2 and send the video to: Susan McDonald, The Rural Partnership, 500 Interstate Blvd S Ste 203, Nashville, TN 37210. Just be sure to include the information listed in Step 3.
- 1. Only REAL rural nurses, patients, etc can be in the video.
- 2. Videos may contain no more than five (5) participants
- 3. A release form must be signed by all participants in the video in order to be shown at the Promise of Nursing Gala. Please click here to download and remember to submit this form to TRP.
- 4. All video submissions must be uploaded to YouTube no later than September 30, 2011.
- 5. Videos cannot be longer than two (2) minutes in length.
- 6. All videos must be appropriate in content—no nudity, profanity, etc. We reserve the right not to show any videos that are not within the guidelines of what the steering committee deems as proper conduct and video content.